Image Credit: Gilles Bensimon
It’s her birthday and she’ll share if she wants to.
Need a refresher when it comes to your daily beauty routine? Who better to guide us through five tried and tested beauty tips than Elle Macpherson?
1. My skin care routine starts every morning with 2 teaspoons of SUPER ELIXIR Greens that nourishes and cares for my skin from within. Honestly, nothing I put on my face makes my skin glow more than my non-negotiable morning SUPER ELIXIR. Then I cleanse and exfoliate my face, neck and décolletage. As far as skincare is concerned, I was recently at Just Ageless, the non-invasive skin care + body contouring studio at my favourite hotel 11 Howard in New York City. They introduced me to a fantastic range of skincare, Defenage, and I am loving the effect it is having on the texture of my skin. I always have a tube of Lucas’ Papaw Ointment nearby too. It’s great when my lips feel parched. Plus it’s very Aussie.
2. I don’t like to wear a lot of makeup, so my beauty routine is very pared-back and simple. My favourite beauty look is one that starts with a dewy healthy complexion. I don’t tend to wear foundation, but if I am going out at night, I wear just a touch of Luminous Silk Foundation by Giorgio Armani Beauty. I love how luminous it makes my skin look. For every day, I like to apply RMS Un Cover-Up Concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes. For a touch of colour, I smooth on RMS Rose Lip2Cheek and Pat McGrath Skin Fetish cheek shine for just the right amount of definition.
3. I love to have a pedicure – it’s one of the only beauty treatments I tend to have. I like my nails very white or very dark. My go-to is usually KKW nail polish in nude, white or very dark. Often, I’ll put colour on my toes and buff my hands and nails for a fresh clean look. It’s less toxic than nail polish. I keep away from gels as I prefer a more natural approach to beauty.
4. Sam McKnight hair products are the best. For beachy hair, I use Lazy Girl Dry Shampoo and Cool Girl Barely There Texture Mist. I spritz it through my roots and work it to the ends then tie it up into a topknot. When I eventually take it down, it is a lovely messy wave.
Colour-wise, my go-to for years has been Josh Wood. He does remarkable things with coloured hair and maintains my caramel hues in-salon so my hair looks fresh and complimentary to my skin tone.
5. Perfume is always the last thing I put on. My signature scent for 30 years is Vétiver by Guerlain. It’s actually a French men’s fragrance scented of Citrus Fruits, Bergamot, Tonka Bean, Vetiver, Nutmeg and Pepper. Sometimes I like to mix-it-up and will wear French Lover or Vetiver Extraordinaire which are both by Frederic Malle and absolutely beautiful.