Vogue Korea, March 2013
Prepare your body for summer starting with one of your most important organs – your liver. Implement our ‘love your liver’ cleansing routine to help it remove toxins from the body for a healthier, leaner and cleaner you.
10 steps to a cleaner liver
- Take 2 teaspoons of the SUPER ELIXIR Greens every morning with filtered water. It not only helps to maintain good nutrition, but contains dandelion, a healing herb that helps to remove harmful toxins from the liver.
- Drink 2 litres of clean, filtered water daily and don't use plastic water bottles that have been left in the sun. This is due to the bleaching of hormones and chemicals that can contaminate the water.
- Reduce all food additives, E numbers and MSG in your diet to reduce the work load on your liver.
- Limit your coffee or tea to one per day and always one hour away from food. Caffeine can prevent the body from absorbing vital nutrients.
- Avoid nasty trans fats that are present in most margarines and mass produced cakes and cookies. Replace with good food fats like avocado, flaxseed, olive oil and fish oils, and limit your total fat intake to 20% of your diet.
- Eat more plant-based protein and less animal protein. This reduces the by-product of toxins released when the liver breaks down animal protein. WelleCo NOURISHING PLANT PROTEIN is a clean, all-plant source of protein with all 9 essential amino acids.
- Do cardiovascular exercise 4 times a week. Obesity is linked to liver disease.
- Limit alcohol, which can cause cirrhosis, to one drink every other day for women and two for men. Even if you were once a heavier drinker and have since cut or eliminated alcohol intake, the damage may not show up until years later.
- Try to reduce over the counter and all medications. Instead, treat a headache by drinking more water, taking a walk, exercising or reducing your caffeine instead.
- Ditch your white wine for a refreshing and healthy Granita.
Spring Liver Loving Granita
1 tablespoon WelleCo SUPER ELIXIR Greens
Juice from 4-5 ripe oranges
Juice from 1 lime
2/3 cup cold water
1/3 coconut sugar
1/2 bunch mint leaves
Process all the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour into a shallow based tin and pop into the freezer. After 4 hours, use a fork to break up into granules. Cover and freeze overnight.